Shea Vineyard was first planted to wine grapes in the late 1980s. Today Shea Vineyard is a 290-acre property with 155 planted acres. 149 of these acres are planted to Pinot noir vines and the balance is planted to Chardonnay. Roughly 20% of the Pinot noir fruit produced each year by Shea Vineyard is used by Shea Wine Cellars for its releases. The other 80% of the Pinot noir fruit is sold to some of the finest winemakers in Oregon and California.